Dubrovnik

Easter in Dubrovnik
We arrive in Dubrovnik on the eve of Easter, filled with emotions from our visit to Montenegro. The weather is warm and pleasant - just walk along the coastal strip here and there is lit by someone form of electric facilities. As new experiences more often fills people with energy, instead of consuming it to them, we thought we had enough strength to look Dubrovnik night before to discuss the details of your hotel room.

About Dubrovnik I had heard many great things and still had a great desire to visit this city. Sorry, got there shortly before the start of the season and my first impression via all my high expectations. Coming out of the hotel and go solemnly along the central alley, we came across new buildings which disfigure the view immensely, and hampered the movement - though for one street alone. For several minutes are not met a single person, and I expect to stumble into tourists and Croats at every turn. Restaurants barely worked, and those who had not yet closed, could be heard whispering quiet voices of tired people who drank their evening drinks. All this lull as contrasted with the colorful and noisy day that we had that I asked so what do we find in the other 3 days in this boring city ...

I do not know about you, but my first impression has always proved wrong - both for people and for cities. The next morning things came into place as soon as the bus headed for a quick photo tour. And even better was when our group was released to walk freely around the city after a brief introduction to the history of Dubrovnik from our young tourist guide. Extremely curious to me was the fact that the main street in the old town of Dubrovnik - Stradun - is actually an artificial water-filled strip. In the city's history can be seen where more exciting historical facts, but everyone is impressed by different things, as we know. So I can not everything we had shared, but some memories that Dubrovnik was under strong Italian influence that during the Ottoman Empire was purchased independence by bribes and generally does not intervene very much in hostilities, and in 1991 was bombed and suffered damage to be tackled later UNESCO support.
To remove any doubt that Dubrovnik I have not liked, asI must say clearly and concisely: I liked Dubrovnik.


And since I started with the great disappointment of this city, I feel obliged to defend this assertion by stating the facts. I love this city because it has long history, because it is beautiful and filled with the fresh scent of sea wind and citrus trees because there are one million places where you can walk - inside and outside the city walls, because there is convenient public transport because it is calm, because you can the streets of the old Dubrovnik, to sit on a facade to get into someone's yard without having to realize this because there is no fence, because it's thought of everything and to put it out there is a real pleasure . But let me clarify something important: to his person, but rather to have currency in your pocket. Will give the following example to determine: first day exchanged to 100 euros. This money converted into local currency may for a lunch or a pair of sneakers - from the cheapest. All Dubrovnik - from coffee during the meal and souvenirs, and to a massive gift is extremely expensive. At least for people with normal incomes in our country. Money is also this small but important detail, which brings together the Croats, tourists and their relationships. But it's everywhere so, but it was extremely fun to watch Croatian waiter in a hotel that looks and behaves as an English butler in the early 19th century ... Needless to say to you that after we ordered, he did not listen to us and so our warm relationships and fail to realize.


If you rather go to Dubrovnik for the first time, I want to tell you a good news: throughout the city (the city) are scattered information centers and panels. In these centers you can find all your relevant travel information in the form of thick and detailed booklets that explained where to go, where to eat and have fun, and any numbers, addresses, etc. There is a great card and you must be very ill or have I to lose. Yes - I admit - and it confused way in such a key point that the second day in Dubrovnik with Bob termination walking on the way to Babin Kuk, contemplating and asphalt parking lots for buses. Before that, however we managed to get to the old port (May?) Where there are wonderful views of the huge white bridge to Dubrovnik (in the words of our older travel guide) on the right and left - a beautiful green island and sea view.


Easter was festive action program with music and distribution of eggs in the tourist centers:)))
As I mentioned a "beautiful" and "island" in rapid succession, must immediately tell you about one of the most exciting and beautiful places I've ever been. If going to Dubrovnik, I saw onlyLokrum island,
would still have enough for me!
As a group we could not organize a tour, just wish we got together and we took tickets for the boat. In 15 minutes we came across the island and who are scattered everywhere seen. But spreading there can not be chaotic because there is order and imposed a strange order, though it feels like you're caught in the wild. I am extremely pleased combination of directions, who are both merged with the surrounding environment, yet are sufficiently clear, compelling and useful. Here's what I mean: pounding the paths of tiny white and gray pebbles, wooden plaques you navigate through several meters where you are heading, and before your feet do walk pheasants and peacocks, the sun does not reach you because you are a waterfall of foliage and when the sky appears clear and blue over you, you've already reached the lake (whose name I will not say it is not romantic) and off all that education allows you to insert into the green waters. Nice, huh?



One major drawback of Dubrovnik is working at museums, shops and banks. Even when it is a holiday, these sites are open until noon. You can imagine what I was when on Easter I decided I wanted to buy some meaningful things (no souvenirs) to refer to Bulgaria, and found none working shop in a modern city. None. It was just shock and awe, which gave the following fruits: never bought anything from Dubrovnik, and I spent all my money shortly after the border with Bosnia, where they sell souvenirs such as those in the old city of Dubvovnik, also local products. As to the old town, I smarting that everything is a huge margin, but not that there was no one thing to grab my attention and a few euros to have it ... There were interesting things Of course, but only if I came with 10 times more money, but I was not. My companions also apparently had the same difficulty with shopping, since last night have detected some of them only working shop at 9 pm - Dubrovnik real miracle!
Here's our last night in Dubrovnik - I walk the streets eager to find a shop to buy something for your relatives, but Bob does not cease to snap up anything with the camera. We stand and it takes much of the picture quality. So at one point gave up shooting, walked around the ghostly obscure streets (there is a square that has not "touch" by UNESCO and its stands neglected - there is how scary the dark, you have no idea!) And went back to hotel, shortly before great storm. Storms in Dubrovnik are different from storms in Sofia say, because all palm and another that is everywhere and the sounds of the sea, so complement the picture that you get the feeling that the wind will bring, but rain will sink .
The morning was dark and cold, but last night I was stoned to splash loudly in the Adriatic and nothing was able to countenance my enthusiasm, which is still held me in captivity. Pile on the bus and headed for Bosnia and Herzegovina, where we expected the most amazing green-blue rivers that simply can not be true, although I saw them with my own eyes!
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 wonderful Tourism is proudly powered by blogger.com