The island of Rhodes

RHODES
 I'm back on the island of Rhodes. Again it is very warm. Not for nothing called the island of sun, so there are over 300 sunny days per year. And it is only 10:30 Standing in the parking lot at the port, remove a small thermometer in the bag - shows about 30 degrees. With slow steps went to the cafeteria, there are already several people in the group, seeking shade. Others will come to a few minutes - from catamarans in Marmaris, which arrived seats over 400 people and once again realize that not only Bulgarians do not know how to queue. Minutes before landing at the port dozens of tourists now flock to the three doors from the pier, hoping that it will open it is this that stood before me. Lucky quickly find their way out, others will have to wait.
 We wait and we lucky. The group gathers slowly, and newcomers quickly go to the toilet. Past is just ten minutes, and some of them have already started nervous - they will not get the time we had only five and a half hours. Second light a cigarette, put off that smoking relaxes me, and begin to negotiate discourse mind. The group is correct, I think, no nervation, and almost all are very curious. I hope I have prepared well, it's degrading if you ask a question that can not meet.
 Finally there are any, I've counted nearly ten times. Emerging from the commercial port and slowly take along the walls. Before each issue of the gates is the same "No you can go here?" And all are ready to cross the street. Go ahead impassively, pallets another cigarette and once again explain how much time remains until the Colossus of Rhodes (or rather the place where we assume that was built). I admit it is not easy - it is getting warmer and the average age group of 60 passes (thanks to me and the fact that only a year ago quarter century, and not higher).
 Find shade at the foot of the Arab tower. Group naobikalya me in a semicircle, shoot them to approach and start the talk.
 It takes me about 30 minutes. Is not to cut, I liked them, I wonder. I know I can, but it's hard to talk when I am staring at one meter distance. Later I understand that some even have been very thorough. Various people, different ideals - Aleko said it, though not exactly thirst for historical knowledge is meant. Other problems were on the agenda then.
 About us (finally) about to see colossus. Log in with gun ports and not only after a minute and slipped out of bounds in the old city gate of Liberty. Continue to move along the sea, leaving only 3-4 minutes. And when we arrive, it appears that everyone is disappointed - had already seen pictures of the two columns of deer on them. Attempt to calm passions and discontented exclamations quickly subside, yet nobody wants to waste his time in the sun - shade of the little square there. Start out with a new talk - starch, this time I'll try to shortest.
 When finished, I feel relieved universal among the group. All rush to hide in the shade and my suggestion to consider evangelical church comes just in time. Give 20 minutes "program of interest" and free time and sit in the fountain for another cigarette.
 Once there, and 15-something minutes all online. To assume the features of the old city, there is at least cool. This time we move across the street - we pass the post, port authorities and the courts to reach new markets. Thence to the fortress wall and gate of the already known freedom has only a few hundred meters. Inside are. All admired the well naredeniete stones in the streets, the feeling of walking through them is really nice. Turn right Ipoton - knight street. Well, talk about it that I gave earlier, another tower in Arabic - there are so many people that I can not hear your own thoughts. Slow take up, push among Greek, Turkish, American, Romanian, Swedish and whatnot tourist groups. Church of St. John and the Knights' hospital stay behind us and soon we are in front of the palace of the Grand Master. Inside, no one wants to enter, souvenir shops are much more attractive, but they are not sitting in this crowd. Upatvam them together and go down. Have more than two hours free time for walking around the narrow streets .... I go for the gyros and coffee.



◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 wonderful Tourism is proudly powered by blogger.com